Sunday, October 7, 2012

Dining on a Dime: Lemon Butter Shrimp

Now, I know you have probably seen this recipe all over Pinterest. It's super popular, but trust me, there is a good reason for it. My mom got me started on this last weekend when she came to visit us, and its completely amazing. We made it again tonight with even better results. Here is where I got my original recipe at over at Pearls, Handcuffs and Happy Hour. I varied it just a bit though.


You will need:
  • 1 lb. uncooked, peeled, deviened shrimp (I used medium sized, frozen shrimp that I thawed first)
  • 1 stick of butter
  • 1-2 lemons, thinly sliced
  • 1 package of Italian dressing mix
  • 8 oz. of spaghetti, cooked and drained
First, preheat your oven to 350°F. I put the butter on my pan and place it in the oven while it heats to melt it. Once melted, pull it out of the oven and place your lemon slices on the pan. I lined the whole pan, but just use as many as you would like. Place the shrimp in a single layer on top and sprinkle the whole thing with the Italian dressing mix. Place in the oven and bake 12-15 minutes or until all the shrimp are pink. Toss shrimp and some of the butter sauce with your spaghetti and enjoy!!!

Seriously! Its THAT simple. And it's so, so very good. The shrimp doesn't make it the cheapest meal I could have featured, but we got the shrimp at Wal-Mart for $5 a bag, which I didn't think was too shabby.

No comments:

Post a Comment