Friday, June 29, 2012

Hooray for Crafting! Ribbon Sunflower

Sorry guys, I know this is long overdue, but it's been one of those weeks.  As of yesterday, I am unemployed. But, it may turn out to be a blessing in disguise and will certainly be a good practical application of my money saving skills again. Besides, I really needed to leave that place anyway.

Moving on: ribbon sunflowers!


It really doesn't get much easier than this, but I figured we'll start small, since I'm terrible about photographing my process. I'm more a get it done quickly kind of girl.

Step 1: I used six pieces of ribbon just a little over 4 1/2 inches long. Have I mentioned I'm not big on measuring if I can help it? Just eyeball it, you'll be fine.


Step 2: Make a loop and secure with hot glue. (I really, really love hot glue. It's my very favorite crafting supply.) Repeat with all ribbon.


Step 3: Glue all the loops you just made into a circle.


Step 4: Add a button. I used a ridiculously over-sized button. It just felt right.

Step 5: Flip over and glue on an alligator clip or pin. I tend to be a fan of alligator clips, they are very versatile: they can be clipped directly to hair or a head band, or added to a belt, hat or purse for a fun accessory or even clipped to your lapel.



Step 6: Enjoy!!







4 comments:

  1. Very cute. I can see this in all different colors of ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. I have tons of ribbon I won and I've been trying to find things to make with it. This was just the first idea I came up with in an emergency blog brainstorming session. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super cute
      Can you show us how you make your denim roses

      Delete