Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Handy Dandy Tips: Miracle Shower Cleaner Test

Here I am again with another test of a supposed Pinterest "miracle". Fortunately, this one was a success... for the most part.

For the life of me, I can't find my original pin, but here is a different site.

You will need:
  • Vinegar
  • Dawn
  • Spray bottle
The original recipe that I worked from said to use a ratio of three parts vinegar, heated in the microwave for a minute or so to one part Dawn. All the other recipes I have found use a one to one ratio. I just sort of eyeballed it, because, that's just how I roll.

Here is where I started (sorry, gross, I know, but I color my hair more frequently than I probably should.):




Now, the post I saw said that she sprayed the mixture on and waited about a minute and everything wiped off easily. I tested that and it wasn't quite that easy. All said and done I let it sit about 5 to 10 minutes and there was some scrubbing involved, but not as much as I usually do. It didn't come out perfect, but as you can see, it was a big difference. Next time I will definitely use a scrubby sponge instead of just a rag.




My biggest complaint, when I was spraying this one, the vinegar fumes nearly killed me. Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment