Before I jump in, let me just say, for all the non-bakers out there, this is not like my other recipes. You will actually need to measure your ingredients carefully. Baking is far more precise.
Here is the blog post I got my recipe from.
Moving on, you will need:
- 1 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (I used extra light olive oil, it has all of the health benefits of olive oil, but with a lighter flavor)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (one medium zucchini made more than enough for this recipe)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
In a bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and the baking soda.
You are supposed to let the bread cool completely before slicing it. I am far too impatient for that. I let it cool a little, but then went ahead and sliced it while it was still a little warm. Mmmmmm. So good.
It will be wonderful for breakfast in the morning. It's tasty on its own, but is also good with a little butter or margarine. I know it sounds a little weird, but we always used to do that on chocolate cake as kids and its still my favorite way to have it. This bread is so close to cake that it tastes awesome that way.