Friday, August 3, 2012

Dining on a Dime: Oven "Fried" Zucchini

Guys, it really doesn't get much easier than this appetizer. And it is so good! Like addictive. With zucchini being in season, right now is the perfect time to try out this yummy recipe. I also got my zucchini in trade for some craft work, so that made this an extremely affordable dish.



What you will need:

  • Zucchini, sliced thin
  • Milk
  • Breadcrumbs
You'll notice, again, I didn't specify any amounts. This one is just too easy to adjust to suit your crowd. Half of a large zucchini made a single panful and was just about right for just Deven and I.

With the breadcrumbs, I happened to have some whole wheat, Italian seasoned breadcrumbs already in the panty. If you don't have seasoned breadcrumbs, I would recommend mixing in a little Italian herbs and a little garlic or onion powder.

First, you'll want to preheat your oven to 425°F. Lightly spray a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan with cooking spray. If you want your zucchini extra crispy, you can spray an oven safe cooling rack with cooking spray and place it on top of your pan. My cooling racks can't go in the oven, or I would have done it this way.

Next, dip your zucchini slices into the milk and then dredge in breadcrumbs and place on your pan.


Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes.

One little guy got just a little toasty. Mmmm.
 That's it. Easy, right?

I served our with ranch and it was delicious. They would also be tasty with marinara, but obviously use whatever you like!

Do any of you have any delicious zucchini recipes? I still have more to use and will be getting my hands on more if I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment